Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Web 2.0 and RSS: Cool Stuff!

I have never heard of RSS or of web 2.0 and was I in for a pleasant surprise! They are both such excellent resources and I am sure I will use them both as a teacher. RSS stands for Real Simple Syndication and works by sending updated information from my chosen sites to a blog of my choice. At first I had a hard time trying to understand how to organize and set one up for myself but once I figured it out I got really excited. What a innovative idea! This resource can be an invaluable and efficient timesaver for a busy teacher. With this tool, I can keep track of my favorite resources both for me as a teacher as well as good sites for my students. Goodreads is also an especially awesome resource where I can keep track of my favorite books as well as recommend books for students and parents.

1 comment:

  1. I thought it was really cool too. You're right that its a great time saver for busy teachers.

    ReplyDelete